- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have developed special protocols for dental clinics
- Different fixtures within the dental office must be sanitized before the arrival of each patient
- Non-disposable tools must be sanitized between patients
- Disposable materials must be thrown away after each use
- The entire treatment team must wash hands and put on new gloves before...
“The Jews?” Jerry asks.
“No, the dentists” replies Tim. “You know we have the highest suicide rate of any profession.”
Seinfeld then quips “Is that...
- There is a connection between heart disease and gum disease, the American Heart Association says
- Studies have not indicated if the regular observance of oral hygiene has an impact on the incidence and severity of heart disease
- Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults
- Gold fillings are the most durable of all fillings
- They are also the most expensive
- An impression is needed before they can be made
- Gold foil restorations can be made right away but they are rarely performed
- Silver-colored fillings have been in use for more than a century
- Amalgams are cheaper and more durable than other dental filling composites
- Amalgams harden quickly, making them ideal for children or for people with special needs
- Many health institutions and global communities acknowledge the safeness and effectiveness of amalgam for dental cavities
A combination of different metals...