- The American Cancer Society has launched the great American Smokeout
- Smokefree.gov provides professional assistance as well as evidence-based information for those who plan to quit smoking
- If you want to quit, you need to have a plan and you need to stay true to it
- You can download apps,...
- Instead of smoking cigarettes and cigars, some people prefer to chew tobacco
- Smokeless tobacco can be classified as chewing tobacco or snuff
- Using smokeless tobacco can cause a wide array of dental problems
- In many countries, smokeless tobacco is considered as a safer alternative to smoking
- Smokeless tobacco is also used to help...
- Sleep apnea is a disorder that happens when your regular breathing is interrupted while you sleep
- Central sleep apnea happens when the brain fails to signal the muscles you use for breathing to function
- Obstructive sleep apnea happens when there are obstructions in your airways that is preventing you from breathing properly during...
- Sjögren’s Syndrome is a chronic autoimmune disorder where the body’s own immune system mistakenly attacks your own moisture-producing glands and organs.
- This disorder can affect anyone no matter the race or ethnic group
- Sjögren’s Syndrome mostly affects women who are aged 40-50 years old
- The cause for Sjögren’s Syndrome still remains unknown
- Gum disease is caused by bacteria found in plaque; it develops as the plaque begins to reach the gum line.
- Gum disease causes the gums to pull away from the teeth, creating spaces called pockets.
- Root planing and scaling are designed for deep cleaning, they are ideal for patients who are suffering from...
- Dental sealants create a barrier that protect your teeth from decay
- They are ideally used to seal off the pits and fissures on your teeth’s chewing surfaces
- When applied, the sealant goes into the pits and fissures where it hardens and bonds directly to the tooth
- Dental sealants are typically used to help...
- Saliva is very important for your oral health
- Saliva has many similar properties to blood
- It can help protect both hard and soft tissues within your mouth
- The reduced flow of saliva can lead to tooth decay and to oral infections
- Saliva contains substances that help you digest food, protect your mouth from...
- A root canal treatment is done when the pulp of your tooth gets inflamed or infected
- It is done by removing the soft tissue within your tooth and by cleaning and resealing it afterwards
- If a root canal is not done on time, the pain and swelling can increase
- A tooth that has...