- Bad breath is a common problem that many people are suffering from today
- One of the most common cause for bad breath is poor oral hygiene techniques
- Dentists recommend that people use dental products that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance
- Breath mints that contain sugars are not recommended for people who have bad breath as it can worsen the problem in the long run
- Bad breath can also be a symptom of other medical conditions
Bad breath is a problem that a lot of people today are suffering from. To those who are aware that they have bad breath, it can cause self-consciousness and some might even be too embarrassed to talk face to face with other people because of it.
One of the main causes for bad breath is poor tooth brushing or flossing technique. Not being able to clean your teeth properly can leave behind food debris in between your teeth. Food debris can allow bacteria to thrive, giving your mouth a bad odor in the process. Dentists highly recommend that people who have bad breath practice proper oral hygiene on a daily basis.
To help you clean your teeth better, you should use products that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance. You should floss at least once a day, and brush your teeth two times per day. To help you get rid of bad breath further, you can try to keep a journal where you will write all the food, drink, and medications you take each day. Some foods and medications can cause bad breath, and having the journal might help you and your dentist figure out what is causing this problem.
Dentists also recommend that you avoid using mints or breath fresheners that contain sugars as these can only give you temporary relief and they can actually make your problem worse. Individuals with bad breath should also know that this problem can be a symptom of other serious medical conditions.
If you have any questions about your breath, you can ask your dentist about it during your next visit.