There are exciting things happening at Canyon Gate Dental, an Orem, Utah dental office, that can make your dental visit more comfortable than ever! We’re proud to be one of the few offices in Provo and Orem to offer our patients same-day crowns.
One of the latest and greatest achievements in dentistry is CEREC, a fast and efficient CAD/CAM machine (“Computer Assisted Design/Computer Assisted Manufacture”) that makes crowns, veneers, and other restorations in the dental office. CAD/CAM technology exists everywhere around us—our cars, computers, phones, and almost everything else we use on a daily basis is designed on a computer and manufactured with precision cutting and milling machines. While this technology has been around for a while in dentistry, it was not until very recently that it measured up to Canyon Gate Dental’s high standards of quality, beauty, precision, and ease that made it competitive with our lab-made crowns.
The nicest part of this technology is that crowns, veneers, and other restorations can be done in a single visit! If you’ve ever had a temporary crown in your mouth, you’ll realize how big a deal this really is. No more waiting for two weeks for a permanent crown to be made! No more temporary crowns that are prone to falling off and leaving your tooth sensitive! Less time overall in the dental chair!
Advantages of CEREC vs. Traditional Two-Visit Crowns:
- Single visit for permanent all-porcelain crowns and veneers. No need for a follow-up visit.
- Precision fit – computer design allows for error less than the width of a human hair
- No more goopy impression materials to hold in your mouth during a crown visit
- Crowns are made from the same materials as the lab uses – strong and very beautiful.
- Immediate crown placement while you’re still numb. This allows for less tooth exposure and less chance for sensitivity.
- No more need for temporary crowns that can fall off or feel unnatural
- No additional cost!
David Letterman Needs a CEREC Dentist
-Nicolas K. Young, DMD