- Veneers are made from thin, teeth-colored shells and other similar materials
- They are placed on top of your teeth to help cover broken teeth, teeth stains, chips, and gaps
- They are placed by removing a small portion of your teeth’s enamel, this process is irreversible
- Veneers can be used to help improve the appearance of your teeth and your smile naturally
- Veneers are custom made, allowing them to fit your teeth comfortably and perfectly
- People who have veneers are advised to avoid consuming foods and beverages that might stain them
Made from tooth-colored shells, veneers are thin materials which are made to cover the front surface of the teeth. Done to correct crooked, stained, decayed or chipped teeth, veneers are made in a dental laboratory by a dental technician. Veneers can also be used to hide gaps and correct broken teeth. It is custom-made using a model of your own teeth which has been provided by your dentist. This will allow the veneer to fit your mouth and enhance your smile naturally. Once veneers are placed, it can no longer be removed, this is because before putting them on, your dentist has to remove small portions of your enamel to help the shell fit properly. After getting veneers, your dentist will recommend that you refrain from consuming foods and beverages that might discolor or stain your veneers. This includes coffee, red wine, tea, and other similar items. Veneers can chip and fracture, but with proper information and care, people who have it say that their veneers has positively improved their lives.
For questions and more information about veneers, you can get in touch with your dentist.